Production & Operations
Competitive pay $40.34 / hr.
Generous benefits start on your fitst day.
Performs a variety of repetitive electrical maintenance duties necessary to install, troubleshoot, and repair electrical equipment needed for the production of finished products, which requires an advanced understanding of control circuits, DC and AC drives, overhead cranes, electronics, test equipment, and electrical codes, as well as the ability to program PLC. Operates various electrical monitors and meters, hand tools, oscilloscope, and thermo energy camera. Serves as the Electrical Maintenance Team Lead by providing direction to the Electrician, which includes training, providing daily direction/work orders, and checking work. Works directly with vendors when ordering parts. Receives general supervision with general instructions for assigned tasks from the Plant Superintendent.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work involves routine tasks requiring the safe operation of electrical monitors and meters, hand tools, oscilloscope, and thermo energy camera to safely and effectively install, troubleshoot, and repair electrical equipment, including instrumentation and electronic boards for Ajax converters.
- Receives direction in the form of wiring diagrams, drawings, specifications, and/or instructions covering the scheduled and emergency repair, installation, and inspection of work to be done from Plant Superintendent.
- Performs PLC programming.
- Checks and calibrates plant instrumentation.
- Inspects electrical equipment for defects.
- Determines the best way of making repairs to minimize interruption of production.
- Advises when immediate shutdown of equipment is necessary to minimize damage or when temporarily continued operation will have no harmful effect.
- Dismantles, inspects, repairs, adjusts, replaces, and reassembles faulty parts on electrical equipment.
- Completes reports and forms as directed.
- Works directly with vendors when ordering parts.
- Assists the Plant Superintendent with planning of electrical maintenance activities.
- Provides training, daily direction/work orders, and checking of work for the Electrician.
- Attends and participates in monthly safety meetings.
- Performs other duties, as assigned by the Plant Superintendent.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
“Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act / Accessible Canada Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866)-788-2798 or email@example.com”