The SAP Business Analyst II is responsible for understanding business directions, strategies, and objectives to develop current and future business requirements for IT solutions; identify opportunities to leverage existing IT solutions to improve performance of business; and coordinate and facilitate projects to implement IT solutions to meet identified business requirements. This includes working with the business and the technology areas to gather requirements for development and management. This role analyzes, validates, and documents the business and solution requirements. This role is experienced in SAP Best Practices.
The SAP BA II adheres to the established processes and requirements management methodology and practices, while carrying out their responsibilities. This includes meeting established quality standards.
The SAP Business Analyst II will support business areas in various parts of the organization. The SAP Business Analyst II reports directly to the Sr Manager, Business Analysis or Manager, Business Analysis, and will not have any direct reports.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The SAP Business Analyst II primary focus is to have SAP expertise in requirements and functional design facilitation and documentation, including modeling tools and methods for appropriate system(s). Define, manage, and maintain all business case and requirements for the IT department. Responsibilities include developing relationships with user community and facility/functional area leadership to maintain open communication channels for the IT department to understand business conditions, operational challenges, and potential opportunities where Information Technologies may be leveraged to enhance the performance of the business unit. The SAP Business Analyst II should be an active participant with facility/functional area leadership in tactical and business planning processes, operational planning/review processes, and communication processes to understand business requirements for IT solutions. Furthermore, the SAP Business Analyst II will be an active participant within the IT Business Analyst community in the research of new Information Technologies, the development of standards, methodologies, tools, and documentation to support internal processes, and the development of training, documentation, and user support tools to allow user communities to gain the most from available Information Technologies.
In collaboration with the business, this role designs, modifies, and creates business processes that will be used to implement the business transformation solutions. This is done through research and fact-finding combined with a basic understanding of applicable business processes, systems, and industry requirements built via standard business analysis techniques (e.g. observation, interviews, process modeling, personal development, data modeling, story card development, etc.). This role participates in demand management execution for approved IT initiatives using the assistance of a project manager to help oversee processes, timelines, tasks, user resources, and communicating status to the leadership as appropriate.
The SAP Business Analyst II must display competency and/or experience in all of the following areas:
- Gathering requirements including conducting focus groups, behavioral observations, interviews, etc. to gather requirements; integrating multiple user requirements into one overall requirement document, identifying inconsistencies, gaps, and conflicts in requirements; recommending different approaches to gathering requirements in order to meet the business needs; and determining how well-suited requirements are to supporting business processes.
- Coordinating Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) estimates.
- Designing and documenting business processes and functions; including techniques such as use cases, workflows, and business process diagrams for appropriate system(s).
- Translating business requirements into functional specifications.
- Project management: utilizing a structured software development lifecycle methodology.
- Relationship management: ability to establish relationships based on trust and confidence, to create collaborative relationships, and to actively manage and track issues until they are resolved.
- Business case management: balancing scope, quality, effort, schedule, budget, and risk simultaneously; explaining how the release schedule affects the business case measures and coordinating business case changes with project management.
- Requirements and functional design facilitation and documentation; including modeling tools and methods for appropriate system(s).
- Defining and addressing change management requirements necessary to implement process changes.
- Measuring current and future business process impacts in the effort of defining more accurate measures of return on investment for proposed information technology solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree combined with a minimum of 4-6 years relevant work experience, business background in manufacturing is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of data analysis, end user requirement analysis, business requirements, and SLA development.
- CCBA Certification is desired.
- Experience with SAP IMG configuration.
- Functional experience and knowledge of SAP Modules and best practices.
- Experience preparing and executing application and testing scenarios and program specifications pertaining to SAP.
- Problem solving skills including providing alternative options/approaches through the use of cost-benefit comparisons, identifying potential impacts of problems, and identifying and solving team problems.
- Working knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards.
- Experience with data processing modeling techniques and project management application.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Solid knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Solid knowledge of applicable security best practices and procedures.
- Experience working in a matrix organization.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Experience creating technical documentation.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Business Relationship Management:
- Develop relationships with user community and leadership to maintain open communication channels for the IT department to understand business conditions, operational challenges, and potential opportunities where Information Technologies may be leveraged to enhance the performance of the business unit.
- Be an active participant with leadership in tactical and business planning processes, operational planning/review processes, and communication processes to understand business requirements for IT solutions.
- Requirements Management
- Keep current on industry- and/or functional-related products, procedures, and/or workflow needs associated with information technology and our business.
- Conduct forums and meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
- Work with business and IT to identify solution requirements.
- Identify, verify, and document functional and solution requirements using requirements management methodology and tools.
- Participate in the design reviews to ensure all business requirements will be met.
- Provide guidance to other Business Analysts.
- Business Process Design
- Working with the business to analyze and design business process.
- Facilitate forums and meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas, and problems are addressed.
- Document business processes.
- IT Services Lifecycle Management
- Having the understanding of evolving business needs, deliver the program to ensure IT services are keeping pace with the changes.
- Proactively highlight concerns relating to information technology solutions and propose solutions that need to be implemented to avoid the concern.
- Educate the business on the emerging services that IT is/will be offering to keep them informed of IT change.
- Business Technology Solutions Implementation
- Implement new business technology solutions.
- Ensure that requirements are met, tested, and implemented.
- Transition the requirements and process documentation to the designers, and ensure a clear and complete understanding.
- Identify and resolve gaps between new and existing business processes and applications.
- Work with Quality Assurance group to review and ensure that requirements and processes meet established quality standards.
- Facilitate User Acceptance Testing and Sign-Off prior to implementation scheduling.
- Incorporate needs, wants, and goals from different business unit perspectives into business requirements.
- Ensure documented requirements meet business needs.
- Identify conflicting requirements.
- Provide alternatives/options to identified problems.
- Facilitate training.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, including communicating instructions and information clearly and accurately to all user levels.
- Provide a high level of customer service.